WITH MANUAL BACKUP
At Mustang Survival, we have the exclusive distribution rights to Hammer Hydrostatic inflators in North America. The Hammar Inflator is equipped with a hydrostatic valve that inflates the PFD bladder when submerged in 10cm (4inches) of water and gives unique protection against inadvertent inflation in stormy conditions.
- No inadvertent inflation in case of rain, spray, splash or humidity
- No service requirements for the Hammar Inflator for 5 years.
WITH MANUAL BACKUP
An automatic PFD is activated when water enters the detector and dissolves a water soluble trigger. Upon firing a mechanism will activate and pierce a CO2 cylinder. The air coming out of the cylinder will inflate the bladder of the lifejacket and create buoyancy.
- Automatically inflates if the wearer is knocked unconscious
A manual PFD is activated when the user pulls a tab that then triggers the piercing of a CO2 cylinder. The air coming out of the cylinder will inflate the bladder of the lifejacket and create buoyancy.
- No inadvertent inflation in case of rain, spray, splash or humidity.
- No need to pull if situation is safe, avoiding unnecessary firing
A convertible PFD offers you the best of two worlds: automatic and manual inflation in one. An easy swap of the inflator cap allows the wearer to switch between modes based on activity and safety needs. The inflator cap can be stored in a purpose-designed pocket on Mustang Survival convertible PFDs, so wearers can change their minds and their inflation type at any time.
- One versatile PFD meets the needs of a wide variety of activities and conditions
Check out the 'how to' video below for a step-by-step on converting your MIT:
A hybrid PFD contains both foam construction and inflatable chambers. This type of dual flotation life vest provides the confidence of constant buoyancy in case of accidental submersion without the bulk of a foam-only model. A C02 cartridge adds additional buoyancy when the situation requires it.
- Blends the security of foam with the slim profile of an inflatable
The Khimera, our hybrid PFD, shown here: