Maybe it’s Carl’s competitive drive paired with his good sportsmanship that makes him one of the most successful anglers on the Bassmaster circuit. Or, maybe it’s his tenacious work ethic that keeps him sharp all the way to the last cast. Or maybe it’s because he’s a straight up solid dude who’s heart is in the right place. Regardless of what makes him a pro to watch, Carl Jocumsen’s an incredibly talented angler and all around good guy.
In his words, nature, animals and adventure motivate him. Rehabbing animals in the Australian bush with his father—who was an “all animal’ veterinarian—make up the majority of his childhood memories. And something about those moments shaped his future; inspired him to chase his dreams and to help others do the same.
Whether he’s casting lures on some small landlocked pond with his wife Kayla and their Australian Kelpie, Roo, or racing around during a tournament, Carl never gives up on his goal to live life to the fullest.
- Competed on all Bass fishing tour levels in Australia and the USA.
- Australia’s number one Bass angler 2005 to 2010
- ABT Australian Grand final Champion
- Three time Angler of the Year in Australia
- First and only Australian to make it to the top 100 guys in the world on the Bassmaster Elites in the USA
- First and only Australian to win a Bassmaster Elite Series Event in the USA
Images: Silo Creative