No more excuses for missing a day on the water. The perfect mid-layer to help navigate less than perfect conditions, the Torrens Thermal Jacket is the missing piece to your layering system that’ll keep you warm, even when wet. A seamless fit under our Mustang outerwear, and tested in the Mustang Waterlife Studio in British Columbia, the Torrens can navigate a full spectrum of marine conditions.
Down won’t keep you warm when it gets wet - but Polartec Alpha will. Choosing the materials that make the most sense for marine environments means opting for synthetics; so they can do neat things like wick moisture, dry lightning-fast, and provide additional thermal protection...even if they’re not dry.
Warmth for Weight
Body-mapped Polartec Alpha insulation moderates temperature in marine environments. Moisture-wicking inner liner and stretch mesh in underarms and side body keep you dry and cool when working hard gets you warm. Lightweight insulation offers reduced bulk and ease in layering. The outer layer stands up to light wind and rain with a durable water-repellent finish.
Who knew a wrist cuff could be so exciting? Obsessed about by the engineers in our Waterlife Studio, the cuffs are built to stop water from running up your arms, and from spreading across the fabric. And, we added a kill switch attachment as an extra consideration to the marine community - safety first.
- Polartec® Alpha® insulation layer dries quickly and keeps you warm even when wet
- Soft wicking inner liner pulls moisture away from the body to keep you dry
- Outer shell has DWR (durable water repellent finish) and can handle light wind and rain
- DWR stretch wrist cuffs provide a barrier against wetness and keeps water from running up your arms
- Two front hand pockets plus an inside chest pocket
- Athletic fit excellently layers under our waterproof outerwear
For size chart click HERE