A VERSATILE SUIT FOR FLOOD RESPONSE TECHNICIANS
The MSD824 is a unique and innovative 2-piece waterproof & breathable constant flood water response system, ideal for flood and after incident responses. The suit consists of 2 halves that can be worn individually for localized dry performance or joined via their Quick-LockTM waist closure system to achieve dry suit performance under special circumstances. Developed by First Responder operators with years of field experience in after-event cleanup and operations, the 2-piece design provides maximum flexibility required during after incident and flood operations. The MSD824 2 Piece Flood Response Suit is an excellent system for the most demanding flood rescue and management technician(s).
The MSD824 is available in 4 sizes (M, L, XL, XXL) based on Mustang Survival’s Mobility Based Sizing Guide.
CUSTOMIZATION IS ALLOWED VIA SPECIAL ORDER FOR THE FOLLOWING FEATURES:
- Agency markings via HeatTransfer or Iron on patch
- Latex wrist and neck seals, instead of CCS™ neck and neoprene wrist
- Alternate colour (MA0501 in Black)
THE MSD824 IS DESIGNED IN A WAY TO EASILY ALLOW FOR THE FOLLOWING TYPES OF REPAIRS:
- Wrist seal replacement
- Neck Seal Replacement
- Sock Replacement
- Relief Zipper Replacement
- Panel Replacement
- Quick-LockTM Track replacement
- Minor (<10) patches to panels
- Re-tape seams
- What is the included zipper lubricant for? The included zipper lubricant is for use on the relief zipper only. It should not be used on the Quick-LockTM Track as it will cause the Quick-LockTM waist closure system to not work as designed.
- Can this suit be used in all Swiftwater applications and replace suits such as the MSD576 or MSD624-02? No, the MSD824 Flood Response Suit should not be used in moving water above Class 2.
- How can the suit be decontaminated? Decon can be accomplished by thoroughly washing in a “FRONT LOAD” washing machine or dunk tank utilizing mild detergents such as Simple Green, Dawn, or Fire Soap.
- How can we manage our thermal burden? Thermal management and thermal burden can be managed to utilize a layering system comprised of Mustang Survival’s various base layer components (MSL600-606). For more information on thermal management visit our website.