The EP 38 Ocean racing inflatable life vest that’s as ready and eager to get into the grind as you are. Engineered for the elite ocean racer, the EP 38 is equipped with safety features to give you peace of mind while in rugged offshore waters, allowing you to move about the boat and your race course with confidence. This is your ultimate ocean race sidekick.
Hammar® Hydrostatic Inflator Technology (HIT™) only inflates when submerged; won’t pop in rain, spray, or high humidity. Membrane Inflatable Technology™ inside reduces weight and increases flexibility. Discreet manual inflation handle prevents snags. Revolutionary low profile chassis means maximum range of motion during high output grinding and sail changes. Back mounted, storable spray hood, integrated sailing harness with soft tie-in, lifting loop and internal storage for AIS, PLBs, strobes and other electronics keep you safe.
This PFD integrates seamlessly with the EP 6.5 Ocean Racing outerwear collection for a head-to-toe sailing solution providing a performance edge in the harshest of conditions.
- Approval: TC – Type II performance (Meets minimum buoyancy rating of 33.7 LBS)
- ISAF Race Ready (combines Coast Guard approvals and ISAF compliance for ultimate performance)
- Hydrostatic Inflator Technology (HIT™) will only inflate when submerged in 4” or more of water pressure, and not in rain, spray, or high humidity
- 38 LBS of buoyancy when inflated
- Low profile, lightweight chassis tailored for active use
- 360 degree motion for high output grinding and sail changes
- Discreet manual inflation handle prevents snags
- Back mounted, storable spray hood
- Marine-grade retro-reflective materials and whistle
- Integrated sailing harness with soft tie-in
- Removable crotch strap
- Lifting loop
- Internal storage for AIS, PLBs, strobes and other electronics
- Marine-grade whistle
- Compatible with Re Arm Kit "B" (Model # MA5283)